Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Fall

I did my fall video as a serious of clips that represent the way I see the fall. To me, the fall is about reminiscing and looking over the last year, but also about friendship and second chances. I know it seems like spring would be a better choice for second chances but the fall shows a time of death, where the trees all fall asleep, so to speak, but even then when they are dying there is still beauty and this shows that all things can be good and go well, a second chance.

Anyway, I filmed all my clips outside trying to find interesting shots that intrigued me but also retain much of the grace in the world. The first clip I had of my fire pit with water in it was actually really beautiful when I was filming it and I really wanted to capture it but unfortunately my camera didn't agree and ruined it by making it really bright.

I edited the video with youtube video editor which has never let me down, until now. As the videos were being uploaded to youtube for me to edit I went to CCmixter and found a song to go with it. I really like the song and put a link to it at the bottom for those who would like to hear it. Anyway, turns out youtube doesn't allow you to upload songs onto their editor so I spent another hour and a half looking through their songs which aren't very good, but it paid off, I found the Alchemist by Michael Zapruders rain of frogs. Its excellent you should all listen to it.





song i originally found: Loveshadow / CC BY-NC 3.0

No comments:

Post a Comment